Followers

Thursday 7 September 2017

Poinsettia Sparkle

Hi Everyone,
I'm finally here again, I can't believe we are nearly round to another weekend again !
I do have quite a few cards ready to blog it's just finding chance to sit down and actually write the post. One of the reasons I am short on time lately is that we got a new puppy a couple of months ago and oh my goodness I had forgotten how much work they are Lol

We sadly lost our beloved Jack Russell boy Max at the start of the summer, he collapsed in the garden and died in hubby's arms :( We had previously agreed that when Max was gone (not realising we would lose him yet as he was only 12) there would be no more as we have 3 house cats too but a few days later hubby comes home and announces he has bought a puppy ! To be totally honest I wasn't happy to start with but once they are there in your home you can't help but fall in love can you ;) He is a cutie, another Jack Russell and his name is Chester ! but as I said in the beginning a lot of work...he still hasn't quite got to grips with tiddling outside all the time yet...I will spend 15 mins outside in the garden with him and he comes back in and immediately pees on the floor grrrr so if anyone has any tips for that one they would be gratefully received !

Anyway enough waffle and onto my card...


I used a Woodware clear stamp set for this card, I stamped with Memento ink and coloured the image with Promarkers. I used diamond Stickles for the berries, they are really sparkly. The sentiment came with the image in the set. This is a 6x6 card so as you can see it is quite a large stamp and really enjoyable to colour. As I am way behind with my Christmas card count this year I made a few more of these matting them onto different colour card so they aren't identical.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Christmas Cards All Year Round - Use leaves
HLS September Christmas Challenge - Sparkle

That's all for now,
Hugs Kaz xxx

12 comments:

Sarah said...

What a lovely card, beautifully coloured and lovely and flat for posting. Sorry to hear that you lost a furry family member. Its wknderful though to get to know a new little fur baby!! Our Pups are now a year old and you are quite right about the amount of time they take. Even now I struggle to find any crafty time. We had never used a puppy crate with our other dogs but invested in one for Bowie and Bumble and as a result they were the easiest Pups to toilet train. Seems such a long time ago now!! :0)

Hazel said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for CCAYR September challenge, Hazel, DT x

Eve said...

Hi Karen
your comment made me smile about how much time a puppy takes - our Cavapoo is now just over a year and a half but I had A LOT of sleepless nights in the beginning!!!
Like Sarah I bought a dog crate (which I wasn't keen on to begin with) but it was the best thing ever. She sleeps soundly in there all night and when I need to pop out. (apparently they don't like to wee near their bed).
The other thing I would recommend is puppy pads. At first I used them everywhere but learned that you should only have one and keep moving it towards the door and then eventually outside so that your dog will then use it there.
Hope this helps
Eve xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Karen,
what a very beautiful card and I love that stamped image it's brilliantly coloured as well.
Beautiful sentement also.
Oh your new puppy sounds very cute.
Sorry to hear about your dog you lost.
My Son used to have Jack Russles, but now they live on a farm, and his wife brings home rescue dogs and they have 5 all different breeds.
Chickens and ducks too.
They used to have horeses and ponies the children would ride when they were younger, but when they moved and the children lost interest in riding and competing in mounted games they sold them all.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Jane said...

Super Christmas card! Can't beat traditional colours and a poinsettia. Love the sparkly berries. Thanks for playing at HLS Christmas challenge.

cotnob said...

A beautiful Christmas card Karen, such a pretty Poinsettia and lovely CAS design.
My hubby would love a Jack Russell puppy but I have told him he has to wait until he retires and is at home to walk it when it rains!
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Cara said...

Beautiful card, so pretty. I'm so sorry that you lost your beloved Max. I hope your new puppy is helping to heal your heartache a little. Good luck with the training!

Planetsusie said...

This is a great CAS card - I'm a big fan of simple chic ('cos I do tend to go over the top and find these really difficult to do - lol). What a beautiful stamp as well. Thank you so much for entering the Christmas Cards All Year Round (Use Leaves) Challenge this month, lots of luck to you and come back again soon!! Hugs Sue Pxxx DT

Inkyfingers said...

What a lovely festive card and your poinsettia is beautiful.

Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers and I hope you will play along with us again soon.
Hugs
Carol x

Marilyn said...

Pretty card! The poinsettia is gorgeous and I like how you've designed this with so much white space and the sentiment perfectly positioned. It's a great card!

Tanja said...

love how you added that extra sparkle - thanks for joining us at the Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

A beautiful image beautifully coloured Kaz! As I always say, "happiness is a warm puppy", I love to feel them squirming all warm and soft in my arms (you can tell I never had children can't you?). What I was told to house-train a puppy, was to put newspaper down on the floor and when they start their business, to pick them up and put them on the paper, then gradually, day by day, move the paper closer and closer to the door, until it is outside on the doorstep, and then you can remove the paper. I expect this is all academic now, as I am a bit late in commenting on this post! Have a great day! Luv & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic