Followers

Sunday 16 July 2017

Summer Meadow

Good morning everyone,

Hope you are all having a lovely weekend, I'm just popping in to show you a little 5 x 5 card I made yesterday afternoon.



I cut a square of hammered card a bit smaller than the card base and blended Scattered Straw Distress Ink all over it, I like using hammered card as it gives a bit of texture and also because it is a bit more forgiving if you are like me very much a novice at blending ;) Then I stamped the meadow grasses stamp in Memento Black, this is where having a stamp tool would have come in handy (it's on my wish list) as it didn't stamp totally even towards the bottom of the image so after I had matted it onto a piece of deep red card I added the strip of ribbon just to cover that part. The card looks slightly orange in the picture for some reason but it is actually an identical match to the ribbon, punched a tiny butterfly out of a snippet of the card and added a single large black pearl.
Sentiment - Clearly Besotted.

Thank you for all of your lovely comments recently, I really do appreciate them so much

Hugs, Kaz xxx

5 comments:

Cara said...

The strip of ribbon looks perfect there, no one would know that it was hiding anything. Try laying down a light layer of antique linen before blending your background. The colour won't change, but it helps the blending process. You can also apply a top layer of antique linen to even out the blend if you're not happy with it x

Tracy Welham said...

Really beautiful, love the colour combination. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Kaz, lovely colours - so pretty.
Pauline
Crafting with Cotnob
x

Kat W said...

This is so pretty and using hammered card has indeed given it a lovely texture. I was thinking how fab the ribbon looked and that the gingham was perfect to complement the country meadow image...and then read about how you had added it to cover imperfect stamping...it was meant to be because it looks so good!
Big hugs, Kat xx

Mrs A. said...

A happy result with the ribbon on the card. Looks intended . I love the colours and the design. Hugs Mrs A.