Followers

Monday 13 November 2017

Singing Robin

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for all the lovely comments on my last post, I hope you have all been having a lovely weekend. It has been non stop rain here again and hubby has been hiding in his workshop at the end of the garden as he couldn't do anything outside so there was nothing else for me to do but spend the day crafting...bliss :)

I recently bought quite a few of the Simply Print Christmas images from LOTV in an effort to boost my card count and also I thought they would be ideal for making my large 'special' cards for family.
The first card I have made is for hubby's parents


I used a lovely gold silk finish 8 x 8 card blank from Anna Marie Designs, the paper is Kaisercraft and is from a lovely freebie booklet in a magazine recently and I have matted that and the image onto navy card although it looks black in the photo as the lighting was bad again. I found the cute little heart die-cut in my snippets box (the die was another magazine freebie from 2 or 3 years ago now) and the pearl brad came from The Range. The gold organza ribbon I wanted to use was a bit too sheer on its own so I used it with a slate grey one underneath and I really like the effect.
You can't quite see in the photo but I added Stickles to the snow on the birdhouse and branches and also around the base of the tree.

As the Simply Print images print out over 3 sheets and I still need tons of Xmas cards I got my batch making head on Lol and thought while I was at it I would use the 4 smaller images to make some cards for my box and also slimming club's box.


I used various snippets of paper to make these very simple cards, keeping them nice and flat for postage I just added a few little snowflakes from a little punch my friend picked me up at a bootfair.
The 'Believe' sentiment is a freebie one from Annette at Netty's Cards, check out her blog here she has kindly produced lots of lovely sentiments and templates for crafters to use. The other sentiments are freebies from Buddly Crafts.

Then because I was on a roll I decided to make myself some cute little tags from the really small images, I cut them using a Clearly Besotted die.


The little sentiment is also CB.

That's all for now,
Hugs Kaz xx

14 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Hey there Karen, these are just so cute, very nice. Nice for gifts too.xx[aNNie]🎄

MagsB said...

Hiya, Karen! Wow, these cards and tags are absolutely beautiful!

love Mags B x

Chris said...

Wow, you've been busy! These are beautiful Kaz, you've certainly made the most of these sweet images.
hugs
Chris
x

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

What a sweet little image that is Kaz! And they are coloured beautifully! I'm sure your family will LOVE them! I too have started on a 'batch making' process too, as I'm very far behind and Christmas is hurtling towards me like a runaway train! I also, like you, make 'specials' for the family! Have a great week! Love & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Cara said...

Fabulous cards, but my goodness, those tags are just adorable. Great idea x

Carole said...

You have been a bust bee....wish I could craft that quick! These are all gorgeous in their variety of colours, shapes ans sizes, and of course your special one is...well special!x

Sarah said...

You have been a busy bee!! These are gorgeous and I love the individual details you have put on them to make each one unique. The tags are equally gorgeous and such a great idea xx

Katrina Bufton said...

Really beautiful, the ribbon and die-cut are perfect with the subtle colours in the image.
Katrina x

Barb said...

You've been on a roll Karen. The images are so pretty and you've made some lovely cards and tags with them. Barbxx

Janice said...

I love these LOTV images, super cards and tags Kaz.
Janice x

cotnob said...

Beautiful cards and tags Kaz, such a pretty image and fabulous designs - the 'special' one is gorgeous.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Karen this set of cards and tags are quite simply beautiful, the image is so cute and is full of festive sheer, well done
hugs
lorraine x

Lynne said...

Super cards and those tags are so cute! x

crafty-stamper said...

WOW great set of cards and tags-I love the gorgeous Wintry image and beautiful bow
Carol x