Followers

Saturday 15 July 2017

Rubbish Week !

Hi Everyone,

Well I'm finally here after a rubbish few days, my sciatica has been playing up so haven't been getting much sleep and then to top it all on Tuesday my elderly PC died quite literally with a bang :( Well as some of you know I am a complete computer numpty and so the answer to the question was everything backed up is devastatingly no.....so I am mourning the loss of every single digi image, digi papers that I have bought over the last 5 years (I think I may need counselling lol) and have spent the last 24 hrs trying to get my head around Windows 10 !
I managed to borrow my daughters tablet so that I could still check out your lovely blogs and commented on as many as I could but I couldn't work out how to load photos so haven't been able to share anything until today.

So because of all of that I have found myself making cards at 4am the last couple of days so I have a few to show you over the next few days, luckily I have quite a lot of digi images printed off ready for colouring so I have some to keep me going until I can start collecting them again and this time I will definitely learn how to prevent them from being lost.

Anyway if you are still here after all of that  ðŸ˜€ I do have a card to show you,


For this card I used some lovely new stash and a freebie stamp from one of the card magazines that again has been languishing in my 'to use' box for probably 18 months. I stamped the image onto super smooth card and coloured with my promarkers and illustrator pens, I wanted quite a muted look to go with the gorgeous paper from my new Anna Marie 'Bliss' pad ...I say paper but they are actually 250gsm so really good quality sturdy papers. I doodled a simple edge around the image with a fineline pen and then matted onto black card. Everything was then adhered to a 7x7 blank, again from Anna Marie. The sentiment came with the floral stamp and I just finished off with pearls from my stash.

That's all for now, see you soon

Hugs, Kaz xxx

5 comments:

Cara said...

Beautiful card, think I've got that stamp lurking unused somewhere too! What a shame about your PC, technology is great until it blows up. Fortunately my Mum, who's 79 is a computer whizz and usually comes to my rescue. Hope the sciatica eases up, chronic pain can really get you down. Have a great weekend x

cotnob said...

This is so pretty Kaz, a lovely floral image.
I'm sorry to hear about your computer problems, Windows 10 does take a bit of getting used to but it is much better when you do.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Barb said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your computer problems Karen. What a shame to have lost all those images you've downloaded over such a long time. Like you, I'm not the most techie person but I don't even download stuff!

I love the card you've made and you've coloured it so beautifully. I'm kicking myself now having seen your lovely card. I also had this stamp lurking and unused until a recent clear out when I gave it away. Barbxx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Oooh dear Kaz, I feel for you soo. I must back mine up, haven't done it in nearly a year.
May I suggest...if you've any digi images printed off waiting in the wings, scan them and save them as digis on your new computer. Then email copy to an email address online like gmail. That's what I've done, so if lose some at least I've some in emails. Mind you not efficient really. Backing up much better... note to self!!
LOVE this card, your colouring is superb, and it's such a lovely image, backed beautifully too.
I can't upload images to blogger on my iPad either, is used to be able to ... then IOS did an update. I can on my mobile.
Thanks for sharing your inspiration!
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Linby said...

I've got this stamp and never used it, yours looks exactly like the photo on the packaging = wow - if I could get it to look like this maybe I will try using it!